Prior DUI Convictions In Florida
DUI Attorneys Serving Bradenton, Florida
You have been arrested for DUI in Bradenton, Florida. You already have one or more prior DUI convictions on your record. What does this mean for your case? What types of penalties might you face? Can an attorney do anything to help you avoid a conviction?
Although facing multiple DUI offenses is a very serious situation, the right attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. Yes, the penalties for drunk driving when you have prior convictions on your record are steep. You will likely face mandatory imprisonment as well as longer license suspension and heavier fines. However, a criminal defense attorney experienced with DUI cases in Manatee County can review your charges and determine what strategy may work on your behalf. By involving an attorney as soon as possible, you have a much better opportunity at avoiding a conviction.
Penalties for Multiple DUI Offenses
A Manatee County DUI conviction may result in the following maximum penalties:
- Second DUI (within 5 years):
- Up to $2,000 in fines, 5 year license suspension, 1 year probation, 10 day – 12 month jail sentence.
- Third DUI (within 10 years):
- Up to $5,000 in fines, 10 year license suspension, 30 day to 12 month jail sentence, 2 year probation.
- Fourth DUI (at any time):
- Possible felony charge, up to $5,000 in fines, permanent license suspension, up to 5 years imprisonment, 5 year probation.
Bradenton DUI? Contact an Attorney Today!
Contact a DUI lawyer at our firm today if you have prior convictions on your record and are now facing a new drunk driving offense. You will need aggressive representation if you are to have a chance of avoiding long-term imprisonment and license suspension. With our experience and dedication, we can provide you with exactly the level of legal counsel you need.
Contact Finebloom & Haenel today for a free consultation.